October 26, 2020
Claiming ownership on an article you wrote
Who is this announcement for?
✏️ Do you write blog posts for developers?
🔭 Have you ever seen your blog post picked up by daily.dev feed?
🚗 Did you wonder how much traffic your post got through daily.dev?
👽 Do you believe in UFOs? Just kidding.
If you answer yes to all of these questions, this article is going to make your day!
Introducing a whole new set of features for authors!
In this blog post, we will cover:
- Why should you claim ownership of an article you wrote?
- How to claim ownership of articles you write?
- How to get your article picked up by daily.dev?
Let’s get started. 🚀
Why should you claim ownership of an article you wrote?
Get notified when your post got picked by daily.dev
At the end of the day, we all write for a particular audience. Engaging with your readers in real-time can make the difference between a memorable article and a forgotten one. Even more, getting notified in real-time will enable you to encourage a meaningful discussion about the blog post you wrote. That way, you can increase your readership and create a long-lasting relationship with your audience.
Get an exclusive author badge
Whenever you comment on a post you wrote, you’ll be able to see your exclusive author badge. Simple yet awesome. If you invested time in writing an article, you deserve some recognition.
See it in action:
Get an analytics report for every post that got picked up
We never met authors who are not curious about their blog post’s stats. Today, we bring a missing piece for any post who got picked up by daily.dev. If your article got picked up by daily.dev, you could now expect to get a complete analytics report within 24 hours or so.
Gain reputation points and build up your profile
In case you’ve missed it in our previous announcements, here’s a brief about What is reputation? How do I earn it?
We completely redesigned the profile to fit a new special section for your articles. That’s a great way to show your achievements to the world. And the best part? For every upvote your article earns, you will receive a +1 reputation point!
How to claim ownership of articles you write?
Step 1 - Go to your profile on daily.dev
Step 2 - Click “Account Details”
Step 3 - Add your Twitter handle
How to get your article picked up by daily.dev?
- Publish guest articles on publications or blogs that are included in the exclusive source list of daily.dev
- Publish articles on developer blogging platforms such as Hashnode or DEV
- Submit a new and original article to daily.dev/blog. Here's the detailed process on how to submit a story. Please read the instructions carefully before you submit.
- We have many new features made especially to empower authors.
- Authors get notified when their articles are picked by daily.dev feed.
- Authors get an exclusive badge when they comment.
- Authors get an analytics report for every post they wrote that got picked up by daily.dev.
- Authors can gain reputation points by earning upvotes on their articles.
- Claiming ownership on future posts you write is extremely easy. Just add your Twitter handle to your profile, and you’re all set.
Still, have some questions?
If you seek further assistance, reach out to us on Twitter using the @dailydotdev handle.
A great way to stay up to date as a developer
We spent a lot of time searching and consuming the latest dev news. It is inevitable, that’s why we built daily.dev. It provides all the dev news in your new tab and saves tons of time. It’s open-source and helping a huge community of developers around the world to stay in touch with the latest news.
If you are busy or lazy it's ok, try our weekly recap and we'll save your time